The OF Blog: Saturday Links

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday Links

It's been a while since I've done one of these, but here are some interesting things that I've read the past few days:

Cheryl Morgan on "Fan Space"

The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing

Matt Staggs interviews:

1. Kate Bernheimer

2. Kelly Barnhill

3. Beth Adele Long

4. Lydia Millet

5. Nisi Shawl

6. L. Timmel Duchamp

Victoria from Eve's Alexandra on "Rude or Prude?"

NYRB article, "The Great Bolaño"

A Dribble of Ink post asking for examples of "great reviews"

Polyphony 7 Table of Contents

Pat says "No más!" to Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, which I quite liked. Interesting comments to his post, which is more of a travelogue update with a semi-review embedded.

Yana blogs about SF/F definitions, in response to Jonathan McCalmont's article on it.

Jay Tomio blogs about two books I have, one I've read and will review shortly, the other I might read when there's little else left to read.

Best American Fantasy 2008 Table of Contents

Another review of Susanna Clarke's novel

Jeff VanderMeer blogs about female short-story writers of whom people ought to take note, which then led to a Fantasy Magazine article on favorite female fantasy authors.

And that'll do it for this weekend. Time to resume working on drafty matters.

7 comments:

Aidan Moher said...

Thanks for the link, Larry.

You'd bloody well better leave a comment!

;)

~Aidan
A Dribble of Ink

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link!

Larry Nolen said...

Aidan,

I could just leave a few links to posts of mine related to reviews ;)

Matt,

You're welcome! It was hard getting motivated to search for links when I saw you did near-daily ones that covered more ground than mine, though :P

Anonymous said...

A SF/F blog linking to me?

Crazy talk!

- Jay Tomio

Larry Nolen said...

Well, sometimes you're worth linking to, Jay... ;)

Anonymous said...

Hell, it's better than people cutting/pasting my entire content and give me no love whatsoever I guess!

- Jay Tomio

Larry Nolen said...

Quite true. I am much more polite than wham-bam! Thank you, ma'am!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites