The OF Blog: After the past week's tumult, this warmed my heart

Sunday, January 17, 2010

After the past week's tumult, this warmed my heart



Well, my beloved Vols finally got their coach.  Very good press conference, but more importantly, new Coach Derek Dooley seems bent on restoring the traditions that made my alma mater a wonderful place to visit on Saturdays during football season.  Helps that I grew up (as a coach's son) admiring what Dooley's dad, legendary Georgia coach Vince Dooley, accomplished at UGA.  And I just love this picture of Coach Dooley's youngest son, John Taylor, trying on the UT helmet.  Certainly washes away some of the stench that arose last Tuesday.

Who knows if the team will do well this upcoming season or for the next few, but at least it'll be easier cheering for a team and a coach that apparently will have tons more class than the previous head coach.


No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites