The OF Blog: So I had a little setback...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So I had a little setback...



Remember when I said last week that my right arm was injured at work?  Well, I've been battling tendonitis in that arm due to having had it practically immobilized for the past week so the abrasions would not get infected.  This is how it looked minutes ago.  I guess I can always claim later that the scar came from a vicious knife fight in Buenos Aires....but that'd be too much like Borges, no?

Do have full range of motion, but I fatigue easily and my fine motor skills aren't there (my writing is very shaky).  Thankfully, workman's comp has covered all this so far and that I won't need to do any specialized rehab.  But it might be until the weekend before I bother typing much, as I can't do more than a couple of minutes without needing to rest these days.

But yeah, good thing I still had some muscle on that arm, huh?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ow!

Hope it keeps mending ok.

Larry Nolen said...

It's been very slow, for some reason. The bruises don't hurt, but there's been no fading at all. If anything, it took a few days before it became that dark, instead of the usual 1-2 days after injury.

Wrist just feels funny, similar to how the same wrist felt after I had a cast removed when I was a kid.

Harry Markov said...

Jeez... I hope it gets better. Kay? I feel your pain. If my right hand suffered in an accident, I'd go a bit batty.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites