The OF Blog: 2014 Booker Prize longlist announced

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

2014 Booker Prize longlist announced

This year, American writers were eligible for consideration for the first time and four were selected to the 2014 shortlist (Ferris, Fowler, Hustvedt, Powers).  Don't know much about these books yet, but I shall...soon.  The Fowler I read last year and plan on reviewing it later this year and I already had the Mitchell pre-ordered.  Likely will order the Hustvedt first out of these others and then wait and see for the shortlist to be announced.

To Rise Again at a Decent Hour, Joshua Ferris (Viking)
J,  Howard Jacobson (Jonathan Cape) 
The Bone Clocks, David Mitchell (Sceptre)
Us, David Nicholls (Hodder & Stoughton)
The Dog, Joseph O'Neill (Fourth Estate)
Orfeo, Richard Powers (Atlantic Books)
How to be Both, Ali Smith (Hamish Hamilton)

2 comments:

Ray Garraty said...

I've read two: The Flanagan and the O'Neill. I'd vote for The Dog, though it isn't out yet. Superb work.

Larry Nolen said...

Good to know, as I'm always looking to add more books to my 2014 releases list to read/review.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites