The OF Blog: What the Birthday Squirrel got me

Friday, July 17, 2009

What the Birthday Squirrel got me



So the 17th was my 35th birthday. I liked the image of the Birthday Squirrel so much that I'm bringing it back so people can see what I bought with the money I received for my birthday, as well as possibly comment on how these books relate to this imagined "literary fiction" and "genre fiction" divide (a divide that is in turns semantic, cultural, and class-based, but hardly rigid or profound). Any of these below that you'd like to read? Any that you'd be the most curious to hear me comment upon in the near future? Any that you think a literate squirrel would be most apt to read?

Standing by (well, not really, but you get the picture) to hear back from you...and you, and you over there...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to see you review some Iain Banks. Use of Weapons is one of his best.

Mihai A. said...

The title that picked my curiosity the most is "Modern Arabic Fiction".

Fabio Fernandes said...

Hey, congratulations!! My niece also celebrated her birthday on the 17th!

I´m going to have something special for you in the next few days-- just wait the postman!!!! ;-)

Larry Nolen said...

Thanks, Fábio! And now I have to start staring at the mailbox again... :P

Rob, Mihai,

Those are two titles that I plan to read in the next couple of weeks.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites