The OF Blog: Ray Bradbury turns 90 today

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ray Bradbury turns 90 today

Hard to believe it's been almost 25 years since my grandmother gave me a 1957 Book Club edition of The Martian Chronicles, but for most of my life, I've been a fan of Bradbury's writings, even if I have yet to review one here at this blog.  But yeah, I thought I'd just post a little bit about it to see who else is a fan of this.  And speaking of fans of his work...





I'm not as much of a fan as Rachel Bloom seems to be, though.  Although it must be noted that she really is a fan of his works as well and this video apparently was intended to be a sort of v-card for him.  Rumor is that Bradbury did indeed enjoy this umm..."love video" quite a bit.

5 comments:

Chad Hull said...

I saw this earlier on Michael Swanwick's blog. I thought it was funny.

James said...

Seen this a couple of times over the past few days. I am proud to say I was the fifth person to "dislike" it on Youtube. Shit song, utterly grating.

jason said...

Agreed. And, not only that, you can't get around the fact that she's mocking him. However much she claims to be a "fan".

Anonymous said...

man, that shit gets weird. now i can handle weird shit as long as it makes me laugh. but this... good lord.

and i dont even read bradbury.

zaldar said...

HUH???? She doesn't seem to be mocking him here at all to my mind, don't get it. Not grating at all and a peon to a great writer. Some of your loyal followers larry seem to be way to cynical...

 
Add to Technorati Favorites