The OF Blog: Slights changes in plans

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Slights changes in plans

Been very light on the reviewing front these past couple of weeks.  Going to have to change a few plans in order to get things back up and running, it seems.  First, I guess I was optimistic in thinking that my copy of Steven Erikson's The Crippled God would have arrived by now.  I haven't received it, so I can't read it, much less review it.  Whenever it does arrive (hopefully, early next week), I'll try to read and review it within a week.  Will start reviewing other top choices from a recent poll sometime next week.

The other reviewing change is that despite having it listed in a still-active poll, I'm going to go ahead and review Téa Obreht's debut novel, The Tiger's Wife, this weekend, likely later today.  It is one of those rare novels that has me thinking about a host of issues and I want to strike while the iron is hot.

As for why I've not been blogging or reviewing much the past week or so, it's because I took on a translation project that is due by midweek next week.  It's part of an e-book anthology which will be available in the near future.  More details after I've completed the translation, hopefully by Tuesday, if not tomorrow.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites