The OF Blog: Some tentative plans

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Some tentative plans

Now that I'll be done with working on translating a story later today, I think it'll be safe to post these vague reviewing plans:

1.  Steven Erikson, The Crippled God - I should finish the book today and will write the review either tomorrow or early next week.

2.  Fyodor Doestoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov - early next week, 1-2 days after the Erikson.

3.  Joe Abercrombie, The Heroes - late next week.

4.  Johann Goethe, Faust, I & II - next weekend or early the week after.

5.  Roberto Bolaño, 2666 - I will be reading the Spanish original of this in the coming days, with the English-language review in the next 1-2 weeks.

6.  Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear - will start reading this next week; review 1-2 weeks from now.

7.  Zoran Živković, The Writer/The Book/The Reader - will finish reading this shortly; review in about two weeks.

8.  Aristotle, Politics & Poetics - within the next 2-3 weeks.

9.  Gustave Flaubert, Salammbô - Will read it in both French and English; review in 2-4 weeks.


And of course, there will be reviews of some of Shakespeare's tragedies, starting with Macbeth and King Lear, that I'll mix in sometime in the next few weeks, as I hope to finish his tragedies by the end of next month.

Hope some, if not all, of these titles (plus those in the poll I just posted) will interest readers.  Feel free to weigh in with your thoughts on these books or ask questions about their types, if you like.

1 comment:

Booker said...

Looking forward to your thoughts on The Brothers Karamazov. I rather enjoyed that book, even though I had to struggle through some of the parts.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites