The OF Blog: Now that the school year is ending shortly, a plan for June

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Now that the school year is ending shortly, a plan for June

Ever since I took a part-time ESL teaching position in February and then an evening job working with autistic children, my time has been short.  I have several books that I want to review but haven't had the time/energy to do them.  So I thought now that the school year is ending here that I would do something ambitious to get back in the habit of writing and reviewing.  So here's my tentative plan for June:

I'm going to schedule/write at least one post (over half of which will be reviews) for each day of the month.  I say "schedule" because on June 7-8, I'll be in Vicksburg, Mississippi with my dad and middle brother visiting the Civil War battle site (there'll be a post on that after I return), so I'll schedule two posts to appear on those days that I am gone from home.

I plan on reviewing (if I don't do some of it in the next 10 days) the other novels by F. Scott Fitzgerald that I haven't already reviewed (Tender is the Night likely will be reviewed before May 31st, so This Side of Paradise, The Beautiful and the Damned, and the unfinished The Last Tycoon) and maybe an overview of some of his short fiction.  I will also resume writing backdated reviews of Flannery O'Connor's fiction, at least to get caught up to the Friday schedule I had planned in January before I was hired for my positions.

Probably will also review more of Zoran Živković's work as well; certainly The Last Book and its sequel, Find Me, will be reviewed.  Hope to review a couple of recent Spanish-language releases, including Ildefonso Falcones' latest historical fiction, La reina descalza (The Barefoot Queen).  There might be some coverage of Clockwork Phoenix 4 (disclosure:  I donated money to the Kickstarter for it) and possibly for Conjunctions: 60: In Absentia.  And other works that will be as much of a surprise for me to cover as it may be for you to read here.

Oh, and maybe there'll be a squirrel sighting or two.  They are devoted, rabid...readers, after all ;)

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites