The OF Blog: Possible new Gabriel García Márquez novel by year's end?

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Possible new Gabriel García Márquez novel by year's end?

I discovered conflicting evidence for and against this on Sancho's Panza this evening and thought it was sufficiently news-worthy to post here. Purportedly, this novel would "complete" a "trilogy on love" that began with Love in Time of Cholera and continued with his last fiction release, 2004's Memories of My Melancholy Whores. While I'm uncertain as to the veracity of this announcement, it certainly is enough to raise my hopes for a more fitting "final" novel by one of my favorite authors.

1 comment:

goiterpig said...

yeah so my girl works down at the strip joint behind the mall, an she's cool even if she dont like it when i call her my girlfreind but if you call her a whore you gonna get a slap innna face an she got all these real sharp skul rings on

so thats just a warning for you about whores, dude

she aint melcancloly or nothin thogh shes just kinda sad all the time

 
Add to Technorati Favorites