The OF Blog: Another Sunday, another night spent working on translating WWI fiction

Sunday, February 09, 2014

Another Sunday, another night spent working on translating WWI fiction

This time, I started work on Croatian writer Miroslav Krleža's Hrvatski Bog Mars (Croatian God Mars), a story collection that was originally published in 1922 in the former Kingdom of Yugoslavia.  The plan right now is to spend several weekends alternating between this and Liviu Rebreanu's Pădurea spânzuraților, with a bit more focus on Krleža, as I can write commentaries on individual stories as I finish reading them.  These reviews will first appear on World War I Literature, Art, and Cinema, with likely delayed cross-posting here weeks later.

Below are two images of my early work on the Krleža:






More updates on these two books in the future, likely on the weekends (as that seems to be the best time for me to work on understanding both).

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites