The OF Blog: This is my 2500th post here

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

This is my 2500th post here

Hard to believe that it's been 9.5 years that I've been posting things here.  While I plan on writing something much more substantial for my 10th blogging anniversary, it is strange to look back on what I posted in 2004-2006 (and pre-dated for 2003 when I was porting interviews over from wotmania in 2009) and see the twists and turns in my reading, professional, and personal life.  Although I doubt there are many that have been there for all of the ride, for those who have been visiting for years and leaving the occasional comment, thank you.  It is hard sometimes to think of material to write and while the squirrel posts et al. are fun, hopefully there have been some posts that made you think about something in a different light. 

Now that the warm fuzziness is over, time to rile up people shortly.

P.S.  If 43 people were to respond to this, even if it were to contain squirrel spam haiku, 10,000 total comments would be reached.  Not that I'm encouraging people to spam, that is...

P.P.S.  Post #2501 will bore you.  Or maybe not.

P.P.P.S.  There was a silly point that I was going to make here, but I edited it out prior to thinking it.

4 comments:

srs said...

squirrels read good kind
brains leaking out tiny ears
no more nuts for them

(first time I tried that since 2nd grade...)

Maureen Kincaid Speller said...

Happy 2500th post, Larry. I await the 2501th post with interest.

Larry Nolen said...

YES! Err, NOOOOOO!!!!! (Poor squirrels)

#2501 will be up shortly. I forgot the book in the car when I was at work, so I couldn't have this post be a book review, alas.

Heloise said...

Winter nears its end –
Squirrels revive for new spring,
Spam everywhere.

(My first haiku ever - so who says that blogs aren't educational? :P )

 
Add to Technorati Favorites