The OF Blog: Starting my commentaries on Gabriel García Márquez's fiction this week, other plans

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Starting my commentaries on Gabriel García Márquez's fiction this week, other plans

Had a lot to do this weekend, so I had to postpone until later this week (most likely Thursday) my series of commentaries/short reviews of Gabriel García Márquez's major (and some minor) fictions and non-fictions.  Probably going to write (depending on how much reading time I have) 3-5 commentary-reviews a week for the next 4-6 weeks.  The format will be similar to my June-August 2010 "Borges Month" in that the length will vary by what is covered and that there might be more of a focus on particular elements that interest me.  I plan on covering the pre-1967 fictions first and would like to write about Cien años de soledad/One Hundred Years of Solitude around Presidents' Day weekend, when I'll have a bit more time to write.

There will be other posts.  I'll be continuing, at 1-2 posts/week, my commentaries on my old 1994 translation notes of Book I of Vergil's Aeneid, and there will be reviews of at least two works in the next week or so, Jeff VanderMeer's Annihilation and Kyle Minor's Praying Drunk, both of which officially were released in the US today.  So far this year, I have managed to make at least one post a day and I'm going to attempt to continue this for as far as I can, so expect more commentaries and reviews in the days to come, perhaps some that will be a (hopefully pleasant) surprise to readers.  From a quality standpoint, my reads (and reviews) so far have been better than average, so perhaps it's well past time to comment more on those works that I have enjoyed?

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites