The OF Blog: Breaking the Tie for the Blogger Book Club selection

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Breaking the Tie for the Blogger Book Club selection

Good to see there was a fairly equal distribution of books voted upon in the previous poll. But since both Thomas Disch's Camp Concentration and Tim Powers' Last Call both received the same amount of votes, I guess I'll have to end up choosing the book myself.

While both are very worthy and would make for excellent discussion/review pieces, I believe Disch's book packs much more per page and therefore deserves attention just a bit more. Therefore, Camp Concentration is the inaugural pick for this informal blogger book club. For those participating, buy or borrow a copy and on the week of October 13-17, post a review of the book and give me a link, so I can edit it into a post I'll have available. Also, don't forget to leave comments and questions on the various blogs that may participate in this.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask it here.

8 comments:

Joe said...

Great choice!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I took the liberty to announce it in PWT:

http://verbeat.org/blogs/pwt/2008/09/the-blogger-book-club-begins.html

Larry Nolen said...

Cool! Glad both of you approve of the selection! :D

Kristen said...

I ordered Camp Concentration today so I can get it in time to read before the middle of October. It sounds as though it could be very interesting!

Larry Nolen said...

I think it'll certainly provide a lot of things to discuss, plus it helps that it's under 200 pages.

Anonymous said...

That will finally make me read it. :)

Larry Nolen said...

About time! I first read it in July and it took Disch's suicide to remind me that I had put it off for way too long. I regret waiting, since it was an outstanding read for me back in July.

Mihai A. said...

I will make a new order at Amazon tomorrow (I raised the necessary money) and I'll put this one in my order roo. I hope it will be delivered in time for me to take part :)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites