The OF Blog: New cover for a book I really ought to review at length

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New cover for a book I really ought to review at length


Saw the new cover art for the reissue of Ekaterina Sedia's excellent 2008 novel, The Alchemy of Stone, just now on Bibliophile Stalker and thought I'd post it here in hopes that A) more people would go out and order this book (or any other of hers) of Sedia's, and B) That I will make the time to re-read the book and give it a proper review this time (it was one of my favorite reads for 2008, but I really do owe Kathy a full review of just what all I enjoyed about her book) before 2009 fades into memory.

6 comments:

Mihai A. said...

I just seen this too, amazing cover. And that reminds me that I still haven't read the book, although I enjoyed greatly Ekaterina Sedia's first novel. I'll added at my next read :)

Joe said...

I haven't read either of Sedia's novels, but that's a wonderful cover.

Larry Nolen said...

What are the two of you waiting on? Read it (or them) ASAP!

ediFanoB said...

I read The Secret History of Moscow and The Alchemy Stone.
Two books with different topics.
I must admit that I liked The Alchemy Stone much more. The Secret History of Moscow didn't work for me. The book couldn't fulfil the expectations I got from reading the blurb. But I know a lot of people who liked her first novel.

Anyway I recommend to read her books in order to form an opinion.

MattD said...

It's worth noting that this was actually her third novel...and the inclusion of the crow on the cover makes me wonder if her first, According to Crow, may be reprinted for the trifecta of crow-related covers.

I actually like the original cover better; this says "Clarkesworld zine cover" to me.

The Mad Hatter said...

I read both of Sedia's books as well. I enjoyed each of them although I thought The Alchemy of Stone was stronger especially in its characterization.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites