The OF Blog: One of the strangest review items sent to me

Thursday, May 28, 2009

One of the strangest review items sent to me


Yes, I of all people, with my disdain for most vampire stories and my complete lack of interest (or faith) in tarot cards, get sent Vampire Tarot, by Robert M. Place. This set, which includes a 227 page book that explains how to use this tarot deck of 78 nicely-illustrated cards, is nicely-produced. However, it just isn't the sort of thing that would appeal to me.

What about you? Would you be interested in owning or playing around with this? It comes out June 23 and since there might be a few readers here interested in this (or those curious to see what sort of things I receive that leave me nonplussed), here's the post with a couple of pictures and a chance for you to weigh in on what you see here.


5 comments:

Elena said...

yes, because i find tarot cards themselves fascinating--the artwork and the symbolism, not any belief that they actually cast fortunes. so i'd be very curious enough to see who/what all from vampire lore made it into the deck.

interested enough to buy? no. enjoy!

Camilla said...

Is that Edgar Allan Poe I see on that card?

ediFanoB said...

I would never buy it.
But I like the artwork.

Camilla, you're right. The second card from the left shows definitely Edgar Allan Poe.

Tia Nevitt said...

Ugh. Talk about two things I have zero interest in! I'm glad they didn't send it to me.

Anonymous said...

hey. I believe in the tarot and I like the classical vampire - not the pretty-boy, perfect hair vampires of today that simper about and fall tragically in love with annoying mortal teenagers. So yeah, send this to me and I'll review it. Or, if you want some sort of payment, send me a pic of your dog and I will draw you a lovely portrait of him.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites