The OF Blog: Ogawa and Abraham locked in a tight battle; new poll up

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ogawa and Abraham locked in a tight battle; new poll up

Since I'm going to be busy much of this afternoon, I thought I'd go ahead and put up the next poll now, even though at the moment there are still about 5 hours remaining and the battle between Issui Ogawa's The Lord of the Sand of Time (30 votes) and Daniel Abraham's The Price of Spring (26 votes) is close. Since I've read both books this week, I'm going to review both this weekend. Other books that drew at least 8 votes out of the 117 current votes that were included in this new poll are:

Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons (19 votes)

Steve Erickson, Zeroville (11 votes)

Tanith Lee, Night's Master (9 votes)

Tamar Yellin, The Genizah at the House of Shepher (8 votes)


To these I've added recent arrivals such as Steven Erikson's ninth Malazan book, Dust of Dreams, Terence Taylor's Bite Marks, the second Haikasoru release, the English translation of Hiroshi Sakurazaka's All You Need is Kill (interesting so far, 1/4 in), Alison Croggon's fourth Pellinor book, The Singing, Jack Vance's first Lyonesse book (although I suppose I could quickly order/read the entire trilogy if it were to win), and Milorad Pavić's Second Body.

Voting is open until around 10 AM CDT on Saturday, September 5 (or about 90 minutes before my beloved Vols open their season against Western Kentucky), so be sure to vote early, vote often, and vote for a winner!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites