The OF Blog: And for my next trick...

Saturday, July 26, 2008

And for my next trick...

While I struggle to wind down a review in English, I also plan on distracting myself some this weekend by translating this June 2008 interview with Andrzej Sapkowski from Spanish to English. I'm currently reading his Geralt novels and am about halfway through the fourth book, Tiempo de Odio in Spanish translation (to be released as Times of Anger in late 2009 in English translation). I haven't enjoyed reading much in the way of epic/heroic fantasy over the past couple of years, but Sapkowski's writing has me very curious to read what happens next because of how he's constructed his characters. This interview reveals a few interesting nuggets of information.

*Hopes that the Spanish translation of the final volume is out by the end of the year, as he doesn't want to have to wait 4 years for it to be published in English*

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites