The OF Blog: Things to review this week

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Things to review this week

Funny how plans change a bit when sick with an upper respiratory virus.  I did quite a bit of reading these past few days, but some of those will be tricky to review due to reading them in French, which is not one of my three best languages for reading-to-reviewing.  But I may try to review in 3-4 paragraph capsules the 2014 Prix Medicis longlisted-titles that I did read.

Also want to review at last the Murakami, Mitchell, and Jacobson books that I finished recently, but after tonight, it might be tricky, as I hope to be cleared to return to work by Tuesday after my orthopedic evaluation Monday morning.  But I'm sure I can fit those in somehow, along with reviews of Dylan Landis's Rainey Royal and Joseph O'Neill's Booker-longlisted The Dog.

But my reading squirrels are ever finicky, so who knows what will get accomplished this week...

2 comments:

Trishb said...

Not to be alarmist, but you are aware of the nasty virus that is hitting the "midwest." Right? It's a nasty cold that turns respiratory for folks with allergies and asthma. As an adult, you are more likely to get this via contact with children.

Larry Nolen said...

I'm aware of it, but it hasn't yet been reported in my home state (TN) and what I have had is more of a case of dealing with a sudden drop of temperature than anything else. I frequently get congested when the lows first drop into the 50s and that seems to have been the case this time. So no, no reason for alarm this time :D

 
Add to Technorati Favorites