The OF Blog: So I had this stress test done today...

Thursday, July 30, 2009

So I had this stress test done today...

For those of you who are wanting to know if I have a heart condition or not, I got back the results this afternoon. After being strapped to quite a few monitors before walking on a treadmill until my target heart rate of 169 beats/minute was reached, turns out that I'm in better shape than I thought. The treadmill ended up going almost to the point where I'd have to be running on it and during the course of several blood pressure checks, my blood pressure was lower immediately after the exercise (133/68) than it was on Tuesday morning at rest (142/100). I guess it's funny how much my blood pressure drops when I know I'll get to do some exercise (sadly, it's a "high" I don't indulge as much as I ought to, as I really do feel the workout buzz).

So yeah, I'm fine, nothing irregular showed up on any of the tests, but paying $350 (after insurance) for all these tests was not fun. Nope, not at all. At least I'll be back to work for a full day tomorrow...then get two more days off! Life is good again.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites