The OF Blog: My collection keeps growing

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My collection keeps growing



One of the reasons I'm not caring as much for the new and tinny-shinny books is that I've decided to engage in a personal collector's challenge for 2011, acquiring as many of the Easton Press 100 Greatest Books catalog as possible.  I'm currently at 19, with 5 more due to arrive in the next week or so.  



Thought a few of you might enjoy looking at the spines of these books.  Since each is quite heavy, I've cleared space on my maple bookcase for these (and a few others).


As a bonus, you can also see the full Easton Press edition of Edward Gibbon's The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire and the Folio Society's four-volume set of Ancient Empires.

And if you're wondering if I'm reading any of these, of course.  I have bought these in very good condition, but I'm not going to have a panic attack if there's a scuff mark on the gilt edges, since these I plan to keep until I'm old and/or dead.

2 comments:

Vanin said...

I might as well post it here:

Have you seen this yet?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Polish-Book-of-Monsters/122897307778218?v=info

http://www.amazon.com/Polish-Book-Monsters-Michael-Kandel/dp/0940962705/

Larry Nolen said...

No, I hadn't! Might just buy this soon, so thanks for the tip!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites