The OF Blog: Books currently being read

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Books currently being read

Here are titles that I've been reading over the past few days:

Karen Joy Fowler, What I Didn't See

Minister Faust, The Alchemists of Kush

M.J. Engh,  Arslan

Stuart Nadler, The Book of Life

Chris Adrian, The Great Night

David Anthony Durham, The Sacred Band

C.E. Morgan, All the Living

Charles Dickens, The Essays of Charles Dickens


Any of these you've read before?  Any you want to know more about?

2 comments:

Hélène said...

Yes, I'm curious about Aslan. It seems interesting and I'd like some input about it - and Durham : Acacia has been on my TBR pile for months now!

James said...

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Durham's Acacia back before it was released because I didn't have to waste any money on it. I thought it was poorly written, clichéd, and that several plot points were nonsense and came out of nowhere, sometimes going against the existing continuity. The only good thing was reading it alongside a friend, which provided us with a lot of entertainment. So yeah, don't plan on reading on.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites