The OF Blog: Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is

Monday, December 15, 2008

Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is


So, after that bit last week, I decided that rather than settle for wondering about how one person wrote his review, that I would take the plunge and buy Kristin Cashore's debut YA novel, Graceling, and judge the book on its own merits. About 30 minutes ago, my copy arrived and I thought I'd have the book resting against quite a disparate cast on one of my shelves. Insert various jokes as needed...

I hope to have it finished by this weekend and a review up before Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that those of us who will have read the two reviews (once yours is out) will then have to go out and purchase the book ourselves so we can then cast judgement upon you both! :-)

And I imagine the author, if she's aware of this, probably finds this entertaining.

Larry Nolen said...

Yes, that thought certainly came to mind when I decided to purchase the book. Then again, I had read other reviews than Pat's and those made the book sound more like something I'd like to read.

Read the first 30 pages last night. Promising start, as I love Cashore's prose style.

Anonymous said...

I think it'd be really funny if you totally hate the book.

Larry Nolen said...

Yeah, that would be hilarious, but to be honest, I like her style, so I doubt I'll hate it :P And if I did, I'd certainly use evidence from the book to explain why ;)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites