The OF Blog: Busy on some upcoming projects

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Busy on some upcoming projects

Despite things at work settling into a (mostly) bearable pattern, it looks like I'll be busy the next few months with a few projects.  Due to the nature of these projects, I won't say what they are, at least not directly.  First up is a little project that I'm working on Fábio Fernandes that Jeff VanderMeer blogged about earlier today.  I'm stretching my wings a bit with this one and I hope that within the next four weeks we'll have something that will intrigue readers.

The second project has been ongoing for the past month and a half and had to be postponed temporarily due to various members becoming burdened with work needs.  But sometime in the near future, hopefully by the end of this month but more likely sometime next month, there will be something released that will generate quite a bit of discussion, or at least that's the hope.

Later this week or next week, I am planning to release a list of pre-2010 books that I think would make for excellent holiday gifts or things worthy of self-purchases.  These will all be books that I read for the first time in 2010 that deserve some attention.

Finally, after I get paid this upcoming Friday, I'm going to resume my collection of the final three volumes of the 1974 Easton Press leatherbound edition of Edward Gibbons' The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.  Just something I want to collect in very nice editions.  Might start an irregular reading/review series of treasured classics that I've bought in limited editions.  Should make for an interesting change of pace, especially once the nasty winter rains arrive in the next couple of months.

2 comments:

Chad Hull said...

There's an older Easton Press poetry edition that I want but can't find the cash for. This particular collection has the same binding and materials but are about a quarter the size of their standard publications.

Reviewing their limited editions could be a pricey endeavor.

Larry Nolen said...

Agreed. Very pricey. But for a half-dozen or so works, every other month? I think I can afford it. And poetry collections are potentially great things to own, depending on who's in the collection.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites