The OF Blog: Finding words

Friday, April 15, 2011

Finding words

So I've been quiet these past four days or so.  Just not much to say.  Haven't done all that much reading since Sunday, completing only a re-read of Coleridge's "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner," although I'm about halfway through Aristotle's Ethics and have re-read parts of Defoe's Moll Flanders.  Just haven't been in a reading mood for a relatively long time now, just a little over a week.

Much of that has been what I've been teaching this week.  Since April is Holocaust Awareness Month, I've been covering that period for the past two weeks.  Although I decided not to show my students Night and Fog (after rewatching it Wednesday afternoon), I've just been in a somber mood from sorting through the images of the starved and dead that I did place on the bulletin board for the display.  That, combined with the lingering effects of this damn shingles outbreak (having to take medication that's most commonly prescribed for genital herpes doesn't cheer me, leaving aside the fact that it upsets my stomach on occasion and leaves me feeling on the edge of a fever), has just left me feeling lethargic.

A bit more energy today, but still not much toward reading.  Did play some Iphone games, including the updated Oregon Trail and Civilization Revolution, but nothing that took up more than a few minutes here or there.  Maybe there'll be some reviews this weekend, but if not, it'll be because my mind hasn't returned its focus toward reading and reviewing yet, or even book buying for that matter (I think I've purchased maybe 3 used books these past couple of weeks).

But since it's the weekend, how are you doing this weekend?  Anything exciting or any new, enjoyable books to share with others here?

3 comments:

Roland said...

I hope you get well soon, Larry!
To your health! Cheers!

Chad Hull said...

Best wishes in regards to your health.

I just read and raved about The Habitation of the Blessed. I honestly can't imagine someone not enjoying it.

James said...

I am reading The Lord of the Rings. So no, not reading anything enjoyable.

To mimic the other two, I hope you get well... and that the genital herpes clear up nicely.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites