The OF Blog: A few things to read this week

Sunday, November 16, 2014

A few things to read this week

Still getting used to this urethral stent.  Hopefully, I'll have it removed sometime Monday.  The pain meds are keeping me so sleepy that I don't feel up to attempting to write a review tonight, so here's a list of books I hope to complete this week (and yes, I know I have a backlog of reviews to write):

Steven Erikson, Willful Child - almost done.  Very humorous for the most part.

Neil Clarke (ed.), Upgraded - roughly halfway through it.

Josh Weil, The Great Glass Sea - only read the first couple of chapters.

Jac Jemc, A Different Bad Every Time - almost done with this short story collection.

Hilary Mantel, The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher - will start this collection soon.

Nuruddin Farah, Hiding in Plain Sight - read the first couple of chapters.

Denis Johnson, The Laughing Monsters - hope to start later this week.

Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs - another I hope to start later this week.

Jeff VanderMeer, Aceptación - plan on reading this sometime in the next week or two.


There might be others that might replace some, if any, on this list, but at least I'm making progress toward reading all the books on my 2014 Upcoming Releases list (only 22 to go).

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites