The OF Blog: Announcement regarding a translation of mine

Friday, July 09, 2010

Announcement regarding a translation of mine

I've hinted at it for a few months now, but I never directly stated just what it was that I was doing for my first published, professional translation.  Last night, I got permission from the editor, Jeff VanderMeer, to let you all know that when The Weird:  A Compendium of Dark and Strange Fictions is released in the UK this November by Corvus, one of the hundred-plus stories appearing there will be my translation of Augusto Monterroso's "Mister Taylor."

It's been a fun experiencing working with Jeff on this (yes, even the edits were exciting, since it's my first time doing even that outside of historical monographs over a decade ago) and naturally, I'm very eager to receive my contributor's copy of The Weird when it comes out in about four months.  I hope you'll be able to get a copy of this anthology, not because I have a translation appearing there, but because I believe it'll be one of the best reprint anthologies to be released in recent years.

8 comments:

Tibor Moricz said...

Congrats!!

Larry Nolen said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Larry: I look forward to reading it. Congratulations.

Jeff Ford

Larry Nolen said...

Thanks. Hope you appreciate Monterroso's story as well, since it's a biting satire as well.

Daniel Ausema said...

Good story. I wasn't familiar with Monterroso before. Congrats on being involved in the anthology!

Lasītāja said...

Congratulations!
The first publication in a book, what can be better than this?

tariq14639 said...

We are not afraid to make big leaps, aggressive and bold choices. We are here to dominate the language translation industry and on the way of becoming a household name. When you think of anything related to language translation or localization, immediately name “Translation Services USA” should pop up in your mind!......

tariq15331 said...

nice article about translation I have found a best site about translations. http://www.translation.pk

 
Add to Technorati Favorites