The OF Blog: Hodgson review, Borges discussions elsewhere, VanderMeer and Miéville in translation, and more

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Hodgson review, Borges discussions elsewhere, VanderMeer and Miéville in translation, and more

Here are a few things to enjoy on this 4th of July:

  • Brazilian publishing house Tarja Editorial is releasing its first translations later this year.  On deck?  Jeff VanderMeer's The Situation and China Miéville's first novel, King Rat. Plus, I should note that a good friend of mine, Fábio Fernandes, is having his second novel for Tarja,  Os Anos de Silício, which I hope to read and possibly review in the coming year.
  • I was recently made aware of a new blog by a Bulgarian SF fan, called Roland's Codex.  There are some interesting reviews on there, so I thought it might be of interest to several here.
  • I should note that the SFF Masterworks blog will have several reviews in the next couple of days.  I know sometime later tonight, a review of Philip K. Dick's Dr. Bloodmoney will appear, and I believe Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End and George R.R. Martin's Fevre Dream will be up before the middle of the week.  My next reviews for them will be Cordwainer Smith's The Rediscovery of Man (7/10), Jonathan Carroll's Voice of Our Shadow (7/17), and Samuel Delany's Dhalgren (7/24).  At this rate, we should have the majority of the SF and Fantasy Masterworks series covered by the end of the year, if not sooner.

2 comments:

Fabio Fernandes said...

Thanks for the mention!

Waiting for your reviews of Cordwainer Smith (one of my favorites) and Delany (Still didn't read Dhalgren, must read it)

Simeon said...

Thanks for the mention of my blog as well! I'm also curious about Delany.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites