The OF Blog: This is for the non-Southerners who view this blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

This is for the non-Southerners who view this blog


One of the hottest reality TV shows on cable this year has been the Louisiana-set show Duck Dynasty.  While I'm not the avid fan that the rest of my family has become, I have to admit that it portrays certain segments of Southern society that rarely are shown in anything approaching a positive light.  So with that in mind, plus me being curious to see what others will think of the humor, here's a little clip here.  Let me know what you think of it, OK?


 

2 comments:

Foxessa said...

I'm married to a southerner, and I've lived in both the deep and upper south, but I'm a midwesterner.

I watched the first three eps of the first series last year and was bored to death.

Love, C.

Larry Nolen said...

Interesting. I find the family to be strange and I don't find them to be as funny as the rest of my family does, but I think the humor I get out of it is knowing all sorts of people who talk, walk, and act just like they do. It's so ridiculous at times that I do find myself almost laughing despite myself (I've never watched more than 5 minutes at a time).

But I certainly could see where many might be bored by the topical matter, as some of it isn't thrilling to me either.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites