The OF Blog: Two new polls, other review plans

Friday, March 27, 2009

Two new polls, other review plans

Since I'm off work for all of next week and since I'm not planning on making a long trip for spring break this year, I'm going to have a lot more reading time, so I thought I'd mix things up by running two new polls, both of which are set to expire Wednesday night, so I'd have plenty of time to read/review by next weekend. The first poll covers older, generally-lauded novels, the other a mixture of classic and newer short fiction collections and anthologies. Hopefully, this will encourage me to not just read, but also to write more reflective essays/reviews on these works. I especially could use the encouragement (pressure?) to review more short fiction collections/anthologies, in more detail than I have in the past. I am, of course, leaving off works that I've discussed to some degree prior to now.

In addition, expect to see the following reviews in the next week (subject to change, especially more additions):

Sarah Monette, Corambis

Mervyn Peake, Titus Alone (original edition, not the recently re-edited/expanded edition)

M. John Harrison, In Viriconium; Viriconium Nights (collection)

Bill Ectric, Tamper

Mark Charan Newton, Nights of Villjamur


And maybe a few surprises, depending on how much reading I get done in the next 9 days.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites