The OF Blog: Upcoming features

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Upcoming features

I've been really quiet, too quiet really, around here (and elsewhere) these past few weeks.  However, there are a few things I plan on having up in the next week or two that should be of interest to several here.

First, there are two interviews I'm working on now, with David Anthony Durham and Jeff VanderMeer, that should go live sometime in the next few days.  Both of the interviews are progressing nicely and I believe there will be some insights and matters of discussion that ought to appeal not just to fans of their works, but also to those who may never have read either one of these talented writers.

I reviewed Durham's latest book, The Other Lands, last month.  This week (maybe as soon as tonight, but likely Monday or even Tuesday), I'm going to review two books that VanderMeer wrote that are now available via Amazon and other online retailers (and by Nov. 3 in retail stores), Booklife (a guide for writers, with some interesting tidbits for essayists such as myself and others interested in the various duties of writers), which was released on October 15, and his novel (and the final volume in his excellent Ambergris Cycle) Finch, which is apparently shipping now from Amazon and which is scheduled to be released in stores on November 3.  While I have to make the personal disclaimer here that I knew more about the genesis and crafting of the two books than many other reviewers, my opinions I believe will not inflate (nor deflate) what I believe to be honest insights into the two works.  But it is fair to note them here.

After these are done, I have a long, overdue essay on international SF and recent anthologies to write and send elsewhere.  I hope to get that done in the next few days, but I'll have to battle work fatigue and other distractions, which have already delayed it several weeks.  When it's done and posted, I'll post a link to it here.

Oh, and I might update my reading list (with shorter-than-usual commentaries) in a few hours.

Now back to my other duties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang. That Daniel Abraham review will never grace this blog. :(

Larry Nolen said...

I'm sorry, but I've had certain things come up in my personal life that have affected quite a few things. I'll still review it, but when, I don't know. I did like the series quite a bit and will certainly be recommending it when I do get to write a feature on it.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites