The OF Blog: Books coming in, books going out

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Books coming in, books going out


Just returned from a booktrading trip.  In addition to 37 books that I bought with store credit for my students to use (most of them YA titles, if you're that curious), I also bought 7 books, which are pictured above.


Here are four books that arrived during the past week.  Hiromi Goto's Half World is quite excellent, as is Richard Parks' just-released third story collection.  Needless to say, I'm happy to have received the Easton Press leatherbound edition of John Milton's classic poem, Paradise Lost.  Oh, and Jamy Gordon's book isn't too shabby itself...


Now for some of the books I plan on trading in or giving away in the next week or so.  I have read all of the books in these pictures.


For most of these works, it's just simply a matter of clearing much-needed space, as I would recommend virtually all of these works to someone or another, depending upon the situation.


Yeah, several tough choices indeed...

So, which books do you which you could own/read, if you had the chance?

6 comments:

Tom said...

Foucault's Pendulum is a great book. It's one of those books that is worth having in hardcover even for people who don't usually buy hardcover.

I also saw that you got La Peste. I ordered the "Oeuvres Complètes" two-volume set from France and am waiting for its arrival (Bibliothèque de la Pléiade edition).

The Paradise Lost is also a wonderful edition.

Some great acquisitions there!

Larry Nolen said...

I agree in regards to the Eco. It's a replacement copy (I do have it in Italian) which ought to help with a few small matters of understanding when I re-read it in the near future.

Despite having to settle for an MMPB version of the Camus, it cost me only $0.50, so it was okay. Bought the Milton for something like $20 via Amazon's marketplace; condition is very nice in regards to the gilding. Glad you enjoyed the books acquired. Sooner or later, I hope to have a library within my library for the limited-editions.

Chad Hull said...

I'm sure you've read everything about Lord of Misrule that I have, but I've yet to come across anything that has made me want to pick it up.

I hope that is one you review.

Larry Nolen said...

If I have the time in the next couple of weeks, I shall. This past week has been a horrid one for anything more than vapid posting, but hopefully next week will see more real content.

Unknown said...

You're giving away books that I want, sir. I am not happy *glare*

Larry Nolen said...

Well, I'm trading in most of them, in part to buy books that my students will read or that I can use when I teach literature.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites