The OF Blog: Just learned that a former boss died suddenly today

Monday, December 27, 2010

Just learned that a former boss died suddenly today

No details other than his son found him this morning.  Always kept meaning to give him a call, especially after mutual friends said he had been asking about me.  Just never remembered on the weekends until it was too late in the evening...and now it's too late forever.  I'll miss him, as he endured my teasing about my Vols beating his Vandy football teams virtually all the time, or about squirrels.  December is just a cruel month this year, having lost earlier a beloved former teacher of mine and now this :(

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm really sorry, Larry.

Jason said...

Me too, Larry.

Hardy:

I am the family face
Flesh perishes, I live on
Projecting trait and trace
Through time to times anon
And leaping from place to place
Over oblivion.

The years-heired features that can
In curve and voice and eye
Despise the human span
Of durance-- that is I;
The eternal thing in man
That heels no call to die.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites