The OF Blog: So, about the lack of those reviews I've wanted to write...

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

So, about the lack of those reviews I've wanted to write...

It's not that I'm having difficulties knowing what to say about the final two Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski or that I'm not willing to praise Patti Smith's National Book Award-winning memoir, Just Kids, or that there aren't a few articles that I want to write.  I feel the urge to write (and actually, to write compositions that aren't essays for the first time in several years), but I'm being held back this week due to something thrown upon my desk yesterday.

Starting today and going through Thursday and maybe Friday, I have to administer all of the state-mandated tests for the eligible students at the treatment center where I work.  There are five tests, each at least two hours long.  That alone sucks the joy out of life.  But I also have to buy some supplies so the remaining students can decorate my classroom, as there is a contest among the group classrooms for the best Christmas decorations.  So in 10 minutes, I'll be out the door and on my way to the nefarious Wal-Mart, as that's the only place around here open so early.

So yeah, I'm going to be worn out and exhausted from all this, just like I was yesterday, when I had to stay an extra two hours to sort out who is taking what test.  I barely had the energy to eat before I crashed four hours earlier than normal.  But enough whining.  Reviews and posts of any substance will resume later.  Until then, just be thankful you don't have to do what I'm doing, OK?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yikes, good luck! That does sound mind numbing.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites