The OF Blog: My first published translation has gone live at Beyond Victoriana

Monday, December 13, 2010

My first published translation has gone live at Beyond Victoriana

It's a collaborative effort between myself and Brazilian author/translator (and friend of mine) Fábio Fernandes. We translated opening excerpts of the stories that appear in the Luso-Brazilian steampunk anthology, Vaporpunk, that was released earlier this year, with hopes that this would lead to an Anglo-American publisher taking a chance and buying English language rights to the anthology.

Hopefully, this will pique the curiosities of a few here. Odd that my first published/commissioned translation is not in Spanish, but my Portuguese was up to the task, I believe. Curious to read more in the future, if these stories were to be translated in full?

4 comments:

Luis F Silva said...

Amazing. Thanks for all your efforts, Larry and Fábio. I hope this also helps to open a way for more steampunk anthos and novels (Vaporpunk #2, anyone? :) ) over here...

Take care

Harry Markov said...

Looks magnificent. That is a lot of effort. Congrats on the good job. I am over at the Beyond Victoriana, reading.

Ludimila Hashi said...

Yes, very curious indeed! :)

Simon said...

Fantastic. And I know how difficult Portuguese is to learn, as I am currently living in Sao Paulo. Good luck in further translation projects

 
Add to Technorati Favorites