The OF Blog: November 2010 Reads

Monday, December 13, 2010

November 2010 Reads

The past few months, it seems I delay more and more in the posting of the previous month's reading.  In my defense, the past couple of weeks have been very hectic ones, something that I hope will ease up later this week.  Sadly, November was not conducive for reading; I read the fewest amount of books in at least two years, at only 16 books.  Only seven of these books were original reads, as I re-read one fantasy series published in Spanish and one classic translated into English.  But these were, without exception, good books that I read/re-read this month.

364  Christine Montalbetti, Western (already reviewed)

365  Johannes Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust (re-read; plan on reviewing it in the near future.  Classic that moved me even more after my first re-reading in 13 years)


366  Edward Gibbon, The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, v. II (hope to review in the near future, as I have lots to say about this book)

367  Gert Jonke, Homage to Czerny (I had originally hoped to have a full review of this book as part of the Dalkey Archive books that I was reviewing back in October, but time constraints prevented me from getting to it in time.  For the most part, I enjoyed this deceivingly complex work.)

368  John Vaillant, The Tiger (I'll have much more to say about this non-fiction novel when I write my Best of 2010 lists.  It's a must-read, though)

369 K. David Harrison, The Last Speakers (reading this non-fiction work on dwindling languages made for a perfect complement to Vaillant's book.  Will say more on it in a couple of weeks)

370  Joel Lane, The Witnesses are Gone (I had hoped to have a full review of this PS Publishing novella by now, but I likely will do a re-read and review it sometime in early 2011.  Was entertaining the first time through)

371  Confucius, The Analects of Confucius (already reviewed)


372  Andrzej Sapkowski, El último deseo (re-read; Spanish; I enjoyed it again, of course)

373  Andrzej Sapkowski, La espada del destino (re-read; Spanish; already reviewed)

374  Andrzej Sapkowski, La sangre de los elfos (re-read; Spanish; already reviewed)

375  Andrzej Sapkowski, Tiempo del odio (re-read; Spanish; already reviewed)

376  Andrzej Sapkowski, Bautismo de fuego (re-read; Spanish; already reviewed)

377  Andrzej Sapkowski, La torre de la golondrina (re-read; Spanish; review forthcoming)

378  Andrzej Sapkowski, La dama del lago, v. 1 (re-read; Spanish; review forthcoming)

379  Andrzej Sapkowski, La dama del lago, v. 2 (Spanish; review forthcoming)


December has been a much better reading month so far, as I'm currently on book #399.  More on that at the end of the month or first of January, however.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites